Thursday, August 11, 2011

Brothers and Sisters

I've taken to calling men "brother" over the last few years- both male friends of mine and males that I simply come into contact with in day to day situations. But the cool part is- I really mean it. I really want them to know that I consider them my brother.

More recently, I have started calling the women I come into contact with "sister" and I mean that as well. I say it with complete reverence because I know how much grace and wisdom the feminine energy brings into this world. If humans are ever to find their way out of the gathering darkness of nationalism, militarism and financial inequity, it will be the sisters who lead us home.

Listen to Alexi Murdoch singing "Orange Sky". If you feel your heart breaking in a good way, you'll know what I mean. You'll know the joy that can come from calling both friends and strangers "brother" or "sister."

No comments:

Post a Comment