Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Night Night


"Hey Hon?"
"Yeah?"
"You awake?"
She smiles and turns over to face me "Yeah, I'm awake. What's going on?"
"Oh nothing...I just wanted to tell you that I love you"
And now her eyes do the smiling "Aww Hon. Thank you. I love you too."
And then she notices that I'm struggling a bit. "Are you sure there's nothing the matter?"
I start to tear up a bit "It's just that, well, sometimes it's hard"
"What's hard?"
"The heart thing. I've told you about it before. It's just hard sometimes"
"What's hard about it?"
"Well, sometimes it feels like it's not that open. Like it's behind a shell or a wall or something. Like it's still protected or defended or something. And I just want you to know that it's not you. I love you Hon. I just wish it would get unstuck."
"Aww Hon. You're doing great. And I know you love me"
"You do?"
"Yeah. You show me all the time"
"Well good 'cause I do." And now I'm smiling. "I do love you. And maybe over time this shell thing will fall away a bit and I can let your love in more."
"I hope so Hon. I love you too. And I'm not going anywhere" And she smiles again
"Thanks Hon"
"mmm k- night night Hon"
"Night night"

1 comment: